I am a UK-based journalist and author, with a background working in documentary film for Channel 4 and the BBC. I'm the author of the forthcoming book The Formula, about algorithms and their impact on our lives, to be released in 2014.
Drop me a line on Twitter to chat about the digital humanities, innovative start-ups, and video games. Not necessarily in that order.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Does The Tech Industry's Obsessive Party Fetish Pay Off?
- How Facebook's Machines Got So Good At Recognizing Your Face
- Crowdtilt Says "Hack Vacations" Are Its Secret Engineering Weapon
- Why Venture Capitalists Love Foolish Startups
- Why Google Is Investing In Deep Learning
- Is BlackBerry Actually Going To Turn It Around?
- 5 Ways The Macintosh Changed Creativity Forever
- When Exactly Will We Lose Our Jobs To Machines?
- How The Solution To A Soviet-Era Train Congestion Problem Could Lead To A New Era In Networking
- Why Everydisk Might Make You Ditch Dropbox For Good
- Five Quantified Fitness Resolutions For The New Year
- The Apps That Owned The iTunes Store This Year
- How Computer Viruses Can Go Airborne
- Nobody Gets A Quadcopter To The Face Thanks To This Algorithm
- Could This App For Novelists Score You A Book Deal?