Lapsed software developer, tech journalist, wannabe data scientist.
Ciara has a B.Sc. in Computer Science and and M.Sc in Artificial Intelligence. She has worked as a Machine Learning researcher, software team lead, engineering manager, product manager and mobile standard expert. Her writing has appeared in Forbes, VentureBeat, O’ Reilly Radar, The New York Times Digital and Techcrunch.
Based in Amsterdam, her interests include data science, robotics, health-tech, European startups and cycling in high heels. She sometimes teaches yoga to developers.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Which Data Scientists Earn The Most Money?
- Tips For Techies Who Want To Wow A Crowd
- How Apps Automate Emotional Stuff Like Home Video Editing
- Secrets To Building A Totally Addictive App (Without That Guilty Feeling)
- You're A Developer. Do Your Kids Have Any Idea What You Actually Do?
- Can Robot Musicians Play Songs That Entrance Human Ears?
- Arduino Cofounder Has Some Advice For You, Hacker
- Inside The Weird, Profitable Study Of "Social Physics"
- Android Cofounder Tells Us About The Precarious Art of Over-Reaching
- Inside The Swedish Gaming Mafia That Produced Minecraft And Candy Crush Saga
- The Five Secrets To Running A Totally Distributed Company
- How The Guardian Uses "Attention Analytics" To Track Rising Stories
- Teaching Surgery With Google Glass--Will This Actually Work?
- Inside The Ad-Free, Crowdfunded Publication That Is Upending The Newspaper Business
- Startup Post-Mortems Offer All Sorts Of Surprising Lessons