Lapsed software developer, tech journalist, wannabe data scientist.
Ciara has a B.Sc. in Computer Science and and M.Sc in Artificial Intelligence. She has worked as a Machine Learning researcher, software team lead, engineering manager, product manager and mobile standard expert. Her writing has appeared in Forbes, VentureBeat, O’ Reilly Radar, The New York Times Digital and Techcrunch.
Based in Amsterdam, her interests include data science, robotics, health-tech, European startups and cycling in high heels. She sometimes teaches yoga to developers.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Arduino Cofounder Has Some Advice For You, Hacker
- Inside The Weird, Profitable Study Of "Social Physics"
- Android Cofounder Tells Us About The Precarious Art of Over-Reaching
- Inside The Swedish Gaming Mafia That Produced Minecraft And Candy Crush Saga
- The Five Secrets To Running A Totally Distributed Company
- How The Guardian Uses "Attention Analytics" To Track Rising Stories
- Teaching Surgery With Google Glass--Will This Actually Work?
- Inside The Ad-Free, Crowdfunded Publication That Is Upending The Newspaper Business
- Startup Post-Mortems Offer All Sorts Of Surprising Lessons
- How An iPad App Is Transforming The Way Police Work Crime Scenes
- Want To Hack On The Internet Of Things? Meet WunderBar
- How Much Do Data Scientists Get Paid?
- Don't Forget That Looks Still Matter In Tech
- Gorgeous, Haunting Images Created By X-Ray
- 30 Ways To Leave Google Apps Behind